- 1c red lentils
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 5 bell peppers – red, orange and/or yellow, coarsely chopped (I like to roast and peel mine)
- 4c vegetable broth
- 1/4c red wine (or a splash more J)
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- Pour hot water over the lentils and set aside.
- Saute onions until clear.
- Add the peppers for 5, followed by the broth and spices.
- Bring to a boil, add the lentils, let simmer until lentils are soft.
- Add wine and tomato paste, stir well, and let simmer another 10 minutes before serving.
- This soups is even better the second day so be sure to make lots!
- lentils – mild flavor; diuretic; beneficial to the heart and circulation; stimulates the adrenal system; increases the vitality of the kidneys.
- bell peppers – improve the appetite; reduce swelling; promote circulation; are high in vitamin C.
- red wine – full of antioxidants!
– Inspired by Healing with Whole Foods-