This soup will leave you craving more and is the perfect winter lunch treat or serve as your first course at dinner!
- 6 whole parsnips
- 3 whole potatoes
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 leeks
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 large onion
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 and 2/3 cups veg stock
- 3 apples, cut into pieces
- 1 and ½ cups cream (organic of course!)
- Sea salt to taste
- Peel the parsnips, cut into cubes and roast in the oven at 425ºF for about 20 minutes.
- You want them to brown slightly.
- Transfer to a soup pot and sauté with the potato, onion, apples and leeks.
- When soft add the parsley and garlic.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a Braun mixer, puree the whole pot (or cool and do it in the blender).
- Add the cream and salt to taste. Yum!