- 1 c brown or green lentils
- 2 c water
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 c minced onions
- 5 large cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ c walnuts, finely ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 c fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp seeded or good quality mustard
- pepper to taste
- ½ c of either whole wheat bread crumbs, wheat germ or brown rice.
- Bring lentils & water to a boil. Lower heat to a med-low & simmer, partially covered for 30 mins or lentils are mushy and water is absorbed in. Put cooked lentil in a bowl with vinegar & mash.
- Saute onions, garlic, nuts, seasonings, & spinach in a pan with the olive oil until veggies are tender. Add the veg mix, & bread crumbs & lentils together.
- Gently press into a loaf pan. Bake combined ingredients in an oiled loaf pan at 350 for about 40 mins. Let cool for 5 to 10 mins before removing from pan. Serve with mushroom gravy.
(with small adaptations from original recipe “Cancer Free Living” by Sally Errey)