The combinations for this nut loaf are endless. Use different nuts, or combine with some seeds, different breads, herbs, etc…
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups cashews (or other nuts)
- 1 and ½ cups whole grain bread
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Sea salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Juice from one lemon
- Sauté and onions in the oil until soft.
- Add the garlic for the last minute or so. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse the nuts and bread until finely ground.
- Add to the bowl and then use the stock and other flavourings and combine well.
- Press ½ of this mixture into a casserole dish. Now to make the stuffing ~
- 3 cups whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onion
- 1 cup celery
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt to taste
- This is your stuffing.
- Combine all very well in a food processor.
- Press the whole amount on top of the nut mixture and then top with the remainder.
- Bake at 400°F for one hour.
- Sometimes it transfers well to a plate and looks lovely sliced, but it doesn’t always do that well!
- If you eat eggs then you can add an egg to the nut mixture.