- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 8 crimini mushrooms sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cups of finely sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 6 cups of water
- 1 harvest sun mushroom bouillion cube or veggie bouillion cube
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup of Amano Shiro miso paste
½ unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup basmati rice
2 cups water
- West Coast Smoked Tofu (Soya Nova Brand)
- Put 1 cup basmatic on to cook with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, lower heat & cover for about 20-22 mins.
- Slice smoked tofu & bake at 350 on an ungreased cookie sheet until slightly crispy, turning once. About 15 mins on one side & 5 on the other side.
- Saute onion, mushrooms, celery, carrot, cabbage, & spinach in olive oil about 5-10 mins.
- Add mushroom boullion cube & water & spices.
- Whisk the miso in with almond milk & a bit of broth from the soup in a separate bowl.
- After soup is cooked & veggies are tender turn the soup off & cool about 10 minutes before adding the miso & almond milk mixture.
Scoop a serving of rice in a bowl. Add miso soup to the bowl & top with chopped smoked tofu.
Miso is a fermented food that contains enzymes, vitamins & minerals. Cooking it at a high heat destroys some of the health benefits. Adding it to your soup at the end of the cooking process is important.
- Miso is also high is sodium, so don’t over salt your veggies of soup prior to adding your miso mixture. You can always add salt after.