- 3/4 cup of either: unsalted butter, earthbalance, or coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 cup demerara or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (105 grams) gluten free flour (I used equal amounts of brown rice and sorgum flours)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup gluten free dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until incorporated. Stir in the nuts, oats, and dried cranberries and/or chocolate chips.
- For large cookies, use 1/4 cup of batter. Then wet your hand and flatten the cookies slightly with your fingers so they are about 1/2 inch thick. Bake the cookies for about 12 – 15 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges but still soft and a little wet in the centers. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 25 large cookies.