- 2 cans Garbanzo beans (pat dry with a towel)
- 1 sm Red onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 good handful of parsley
- 3-4TBS Organic unbleached flour
- 1 TBS Cumin powder
- 1 TBS Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until fairly smooth.
- Add more flour if too moist, it should hold together and not be too sticky.
- Forms patties and either pan fry in coconut oil for about 3 minutes each side.
- Alternative is to bake the falafels in an oven on an oiled sheet at 350 degrees 10 – 12 minutes each side.
- Serve on salads, as a burger patty, or a quick grab and go snack that is high in protein.