You always need something to serve to guests to snack on during the holidays. They work well with your middle eastern dinner!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon curry powder/garam marsala
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups nuts (walnuts, cashews, pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, etc…)
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Lightly oil so they won’t stick.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add all spices and sauté quickly until fragrant (only about 5-10 seconds).
- Stir in sugar and honey.
- Add nuts right away and then stir until the nuts are well coated and everything is amber in colour.
- Takes about 6 minutes.
- The key here is to have everything right beside your frying pan ready to go.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and quickly separate them so that don’t stick together.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Store in an airtight container (once cool). Lasts several days.