- 2 TBS butter or olive oil
- 1.5 cups onion, chopped
- 1.5 cups pototo, diced
- 1 cup beets, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp caraway
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 TBS dill weed
- 3 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 TBS garlic
Topping options: sour cream, dill weed, chopped tomatoes.
- Melt butter in a large soup pot. Saute onions for a couple of minutes then add garlic, caraway & salt.
- After a few minutes add celery, carrot & cabbage.
- Add your potatoes, beets, tomatoes, pepper, dill, & apple cider vinegar.
- Add your veggie stock or water.
- Cover & simmer until veggies are tender about 30 minutes
- Serve with sour cream (optional) or some cracked pepper & dill weed.
Adapted from: Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen (my first vegetarian cookbook)