- 1 cup “Forbidden” Rice
- 1 1/4 cup water pinch of salt bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer covered about 30 min. until cooked with still a bit of a bite
- 3 – 4 carrots coarsely grated
- 1/2 big white onion very finely sliced (if rings are too big, half or quarter them)
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
Dress vegetables with:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp “Tamari” soya sauce pepper
- salt to taste
This amount of dressing is enough to coat the rice when it is added later refrigerate for flavours to blend. Once the rice is cooked refrigerate until completely cooled. Combine cooled rice with the dressed vegetables, correct seasoning. Make an hour or two ahead to allow all flavours to blend.
Tip: For slicing the onion use a good cucumber slicer or V-slicer “Forbidden” Rice is available at Healthyway Natural Foods Market
Recipe submitted by Nan Latchford, customer & CR Sausage Shop co-owner.