Meet Your Grower!
This year Gerry Pattison, of Pattison Organic Farms, will be accompanied by Chef Ronald St. Pierre, owner/chef of Locals Restaurant in Courtenay, to prepare some freshly harvested local goodness for you to sample from 1-3pm.
Support your Community Environmental Advocates!
This is a match donation day for Greenways Land trust. We will match your donations up to $500. A Greenways representative will be at Healthyway from 10-12 to present some of the various community projects that they are involved in & answer your questions.
Gifts baskets from: SEVENTH GENERATION & NATURE CLEAN will be raffled off.
Sample Local Foods!
Abuelo’s Corn Tortilla’s(Black Creek) will be hand pressing fresh tortillas in store from 10-12. If you haven’t ever had a tortilla hot off the press then here is opportunity. So delicious!
Authentic ~ local ~organic ~ gluten free
Enjoy other tasty foods & drinks sampled throughout the day.
Denman Island Chocolate, Gathering Place Teas, Island Bison, Natural Pasture’s Cheese, La Boulange Bread, Level Ground Coffee, Abuelo’s Corn Tortilla’s, Prontissima Pasta, Cortes Island Wild Harvest Salmon, Planet Love Chocolate…to name a few.
Do Your Part!
Healthyway is plastic grocery bag free store~ bring in your own bag today & save $1 off your purchase.
How does Healthyway celebrate earth day EVERYDAY?
- Plastic grocery bag free.
- Borrow a bag program.
- In store recycling program.
- All produce waste is composted!
- Refrigerator curtains are installed on all our open cooler cases to conserve energy when store is closed.
- All in store cleaning is done with environmentally friendly products.
- We support organic & local agriculture.
- Sponsors of Greenways Landtrust.
- Sponsors of the Non-GMO project & endeavor to support companies that take a stand against GM ingredients.