The liver is the largest and busiest internal organ in the body. It is tucked into the upper right part of the abdomen just below the diaphragm. Over 400 metabolic and regulatory tasks are required by it every day. Some signs that your liver isn’t functioning as it should:
- Feeling bad first thing in the morning ~ it takes an hour or so to feel awake
- Puffy eyes in the morning (specifically eyelids)
- Bad taste in the mouth
- Have trouble eating or digesting fatty foods
- Constipation, nausea, bloating
- Gallbladder issues
- EFA deficiencies
- Very dark morning urine
- Headaches involving the eyes, or at the sides of the head
- Aches and pain that come and go without any pattern
- Menopausal symptoms and other hormonal symptoms such as PMS, fibrocystic breasts, fibroids, breast cancer, endometriosis, heavy menstrual bleeding, etc…
- Inability to handle even small amounts of alcohol
- Sensitivities or allergies to foods or other things ~ including hay fever.
- Easily frustrated or angry; depression; blocked emotions.
- High cholesterol
- Unable to settle down in the evening (feeling nervous and anxious)
If you have one of these symptoms, the liver is probably over worked and congested. With a change in diet and a few herbs and/or other supplements it will forgive you and heal itself.
Healthyway Natural Foods has a variety of products in the store that may help to support liver health. Visit us for a chat with one of our knowledgeable staff!