Candida yeast is only one of many species of micro-organisms that inhabit our body. Unfortunately, it is opportunistic and takes over when there is a deficiency in healthy bacteria. This is usually caused by overuse of antibiotics or other drugs, (steroids, birth control pills, cortisone, progesterone, etc…), too much stress, diabetes, lack of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, lack of pancreatic enzymes, low thyroid function, parasites, high levels of heavy metals in the body, or a diet high in refined carbohydrates, sugars, yeasts and moulds.
A program to eliminate candida and other non beneficial bacteria from the body should include increasing digestive function, supporting the liver and optimizing the immune system. The diet should be optimized and other lifestyle habits that contribute to its growth should be addressed.
We all have candida inside us, but if you’ve got an overabundance you will experience symptoms ~
- Digestion problems, bloating, gas, indigestion
- Skin rashes, eczema, psoriasis
- Unexplained inflamed skin, itchy skin
- Foggy thinking, concentration problems
- Fatigue, energy problems
- Anxiety, mood swings, OCD
- Anger, irritability
- Chronic headaches
- Cravings for sugars, sweets, and breads
- Chronic yeast infections
- Fungal infections of the skin, nails, scalp and other areas
- Food sensitivities and allergies
- Itchy ears
Healthyway Natural Foods has a variety of products in the store to help with candida and digestion issues. Visit us for a chat with one of our knowledgeable staff!